Of all the potential home improvement projects you can embark on, a bathroom upgrade is one of the fastest ways to enhance both the functionality and value of your home. If you’re contemplating a renovation and someone in your home has mobility concerns, an aging-in-place bathroom remodel can be a game-changer.
Why Consider a Bathroom Remodel?
Embarking on a bathroom remodel project focused on aging-in-place enhancements is a strategic investment. Not only does it improve your daily living experience, but it also adds substantial value to your home.
If you’re planning to remodel a bathroom in your home, your goals will likely include:
Boosting Property Value
If you’re considering putting your home on the market in the not-too-distant future, a bathroom remodel can substantially increase its resale value. Modern, accessible bathrooms are attractive to potential buyers and can set your property apart in a competitive real estate market.
Enhancing Safety & Convenience
For individuals with mobility concerns or aging homeowners, a bathroom designed for easy accessibility can significantly improve safety and convenience. It allows them to maintain independence and navigate their bathroom without assistance.
Aging-in-Place Bathroom Upgrades
Here are some of the products that can address safety and mobility concerns:
- Walk-in bathtubs – Walk-in bathtubs are equipped with safety features like slip-resistant flooring and built-in handrails to reduce the risk of accidents. These tubs have a low step-in height, making it easier for individuals with mobility challenges to enter and exit comfortably. Many walk-in tubs offer hydrotherapy features that promote relaxation and sooth muscle tension, which are particularly beneficial for seniors.
- Walk-in showers – Walk-in showers eliminate the need to step over a high threshold, offering a seamless entry for those with limited mobility. Adjustable handheld showerheads provide flexibility and ease of use, enabling individuals to shower while seated. Strategically placed grab bars enhance safety and stability within the shower area.
- Comfort-height toilets – Comfort-height toilets are taller than standard toilets, making it easier for individuals to sit down and stand up without excessive bending. The added height provides a more natural and comfortable experience.
- Lever-style faucets – Lever-style faucets are simpler to operate, requiring minimal grip strength, making them ideal for individuals with arthritis or limited hand dexterity.
- Anti-scald devices – Anti-scald devices help regulate water temperature, preventing water from becoming dangerously hot and reducing the risk of burns. These devices offer peace of mind, especially for seniors.
Is It Time For an Aging-In-Place Bathroom Upgrade?
When you invest in an aging-in-place bathroom remodel, you experience the lasting benefits it can bring to your home and lifestyle. If you would like expert guidance and tailored solutions for your aging-in-place bathroom remodel, reach out to SageHome today. We have a network of prominent brands offering products and services that deliver a safer bathing experience for homeowners throughout the U.S. We’d love the chance to help you create a safer, more accessible bathroom tailored to your specific needs.